Product Reviews > Canoes > Sawyer > 222 Cruiser Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for 222 Cruiser Canoe by Sawyer

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-22-2003

I bought my Sawyer Cruiser (fiberglass) second hand in the mid 70s! The story behind the canoe, which has a British Canoe Union sticker on the bow, was that it was used in the Olympic Trials in the early 70s. Since then it has seen less romantic and exotic climes, but has been on several midwest rivers and has also been taken to the BWCA at least three times. The cruiser is a perfect joy to paddle, loaded or unloaded. My grandchildren love to be taken for rides in it at local lakes. I no longer take it to the BWCA because it is simply too heavy for me to portage. I would love to know when this particular canoe was manufactured and its history, but with Sawyer out of business, I am not going to have that advantage. I am seriously thinking of selling the canoe, but haven't any idea what this "classic" might be worth at this time. It is in excellent shape. I have replaced the seats with cane seats as the original "tractor" seats had been replaced with webbing seats when I bought the canoe. I love this canoe and the thought of selling it is painful! But 85+ lbs is a bit much for me anymore. ps: I also own a Summersong solo.

05-23-2003
Submitted by: MSSend Email

Excellent canoe!!! I'm loading it up tonight for Northern Wisconsin. Very efficient hull, fast empty or loaded with 1000# (1200# capacity!). Wished that I would have spent the extra and got Kevlar. Used it on white water, lakes and little rivers very good unit.

09-04-2001

Just purchased a 1986 Expedition Kevlar version. The canoe has been used on Lake Superior, Huron, Michigan and Erie. It's new home is the lakes and rivers of the Adirondacks. After owning and using the canoe through the summer, Harry Roberts was right, "Super canoe." It's very fast and manuverable, empty or loaded.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: