Product Reviews > Canoes > Savage River Works > Competition Cruiser Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Competition Cruiser Canoe by Savage River Works

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

08-28-2001

Refers to 2001 model: Savage Rivers new cruiser is a nice boat. The model I paddle in is a carbon/kevlar hybrid. She wieghs in at 28 pounds. She tracks as well as any boat I have ever paddled. She is several percent faster then the we-no-nah cruiser we were using(1995 model) The thing that I love is the comfort up front. I don't have the sharp gunnels cutting into the knees. The gunnels are all inwales, with only a slight lip at that. This boat is set up for a regular team so I can have my feet side by side instead of on top of each other, which further adds to the comfort. The rear seat has a foot rest that is set up with the seat so if you slide your seat the foot rest slides. As with most competition hulls you give up some stability for speed. It does take some getting use to, especially when you are in intermediate water and get waves from two directions. The boat has two bailers that are very effective and needed when you paddle in a trafficed area. The lines of the boat are clean and the hangers are well thought out. If you want to race in the 4x32 class I would recommend this boat. However I only give it a 9 because I am still looking for the canoe that paddles itself.