Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Madness Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Madness Kayak by Perception

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

04-09-2007

I'm 6' and 215lbs with size 11 feet. This is a great river runner/moderate playing boat. A little too long for aerial or vertical moves, but a great surfer/spinner. VERY comfortable, lots of bow room. Rolls very easily, good speed, handles well in all types of water. A great first WW kayak that you'll keep and use even if you get a playboat or creeker in the future. Not made anymore - so if you find a used one in good shape, snap it up without hesitation.

04-27-2004
Submitted by: Craig

Just changed my "whiplash" for the "madness". No contest.I'm 6'2" & weigh in at 16.5stone with size 12 feet.I've nothing but praise for the "madness". Outftting is top notch, it surfs & plays with the best of them. Outstanding value for money.

10-10-2001
Submitted by: MBSend Email

Good all around boat. Excellent surfer, outstanding for bow moves. Stern Squirts, however, are difficult for me unless on a strong eddy line. Also, spins like a top. I'm 6'1", 220 lbs. The boat fits great.

09-06-2001
Submitted by: QuigsSend Email

Great boat!!! I love this thing! It holds a line well, surfs like a board, tracks nicely and gets the job done. It's easy to roll and eddies out like a champ. I actually fit comfortably in this boat and that is important for me. I'm 6'1 210 with size 14 feet!! It's a great all around boat whether your running, surfing or creeking? The only thing I have an issue with is the weight - could be a couple pounds lighter. Perception comes through again- another great boat.

08-27-2001

What a great boat! I've already gone MAD trying to find something it won't do. I' ve surfed it in the ocean, did some river-running(overnight trips), flatwater freestyle(cool tricks), even threw in some creeking(intentionally or unintentionally going over water falls). Of course, you have to be the right size. I'm about 6'0" and weigh about 190 pounds. Another thing I like is Perception's standard outfitting, which includes water bottle, Large thighbraces, bulkhead footbraces, seat pad, VERY adjustable "Pleasure Pod", thighbrace pads, backband, and security bars. I gave it a 9 because the drain plug is placed in the very back, which is the only place I could get float bags (this means that you have to deflate the bags to drain the boat) and water tends to collect in the area immediately aft(cool boating term for back) of the coaming(term for thingy that you put your skirt on). This proves how picky I am. That's why I picked the madness.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports