Product Reviews > Kayaks > Kiwi Kayak > Kopapa Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kopapa Kayak by Kiwi Kayak

Rated: 8.29/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

11-28-2011
Submitted by: Bill Van RaamSend Email

I love them, I have three of these kayaks. I can load all three on top of the car. The light weight makes them easy to handle. The only problem I have with these is getting out of them but that's due to my age.

01-09-2006
Submitted by: LoftonSend Email

The boat is great for beginners who are nervous about kayaks. It is also a good boat to put small children in. It is easy to get in and out of and is extremely light and durable. I recieved a Kiwi around 14 years ago when I was 9. I ran several class 2 and 3 rivers with ease. As a paddler devleops they will quickly wan to move into aquicker boat, but the kiwi is a good plcae to start.

10-11-2004
Submitted by: Adam WalsworthSend Email

I bought my Kopapa used for $150.00 and took it out on a reservoir. I immediately noticed how responsive it is. I took it out on a class II/III creek and managed very well in it. Took a 6 ft plunge off a diversion dam and took on a little water but was very bouyant. This is a great boat for a beginner just starting off in this sport!

12-30-2003
Submitted by: careySend Email

I received my Kopapa from a family member--so my opinion is based on my boat being free. The thing I like the most about it is that it is just about the smallest boat on the market. I toss it up on top of my car and tie it down with a strap easily. At 8 1/2 ft and 35 lbs--nothing comes close for ease of handling. You can even store it in a big closet. I put a few flush mount rod holders into the hull behind the seat and have rigged a way to bungee a milk crate on the back for accessible storage while enroute. Also, I carry a small float tube anchor with a tie off and can clip the anchor line fore or aft to adjust drift direction in a current or the wind. As you can guess, I use my boat for fishing on rivers, lakes, and inland salt waters. It is good on the rivers and streams where obstacles make maneuverability important. In rough surf, I'd worry if I was in water over my head. You could swamp the boat from big waves over the front, and if you tip it over I am sure it would be heck to get back inside. It is really nice to cruise the flats to a fishing spot--having fun observing the rays from above versus being afraid of stepping on one. Doesn't track that well in the wind and takes a little effort to keep moving in a straight line but it keeps me dry and gets me to places that I would not get to fish otherwise. I love it. I have looked at PAYING for a boat and would consider a Tarpon 12, Cobra Fish n Dive, and a Pungo--probably in that order. But I realize that for free, my Kopapa gets the job done and it is not difficult to get to where I want to go and get out on the water. Recommended, and I like the seat arrangement and the foot peg system.

04-30-2001
Submitted by: CHSend Email

My Kopapa is good in Puget Sound in the protection of a harbor or basin. Easy to maneuver and very stable...light and fast and tracks well with no need for a rudder. In warm weather, I have noticed that the black trim on the rim is lifting and I must press it down in place by hand.

04-13-2000

Of the 3 kayaks I have this one gets used the most. It's very maneuverable, lightweight, and comfortable. I use it on flat water and moving water to class 1.

10-07-1998
Submitted by: CDHSend Email

For just running a ClassII river, the Mulberry in AR, this little boat handles well, but is a little difficult to pop into eddies.