Product Reviews > Accessories > Old Town Loon PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Old Town Loon PFD

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

10-16-2001

I believe this PFD is made for OT by Extra Sport. It features a thinner lower back flotation piece to accommodate higher seat backs in some recreation kayaks. The shoulders are soft neoprene like material and the front flotation pads are like many others. It has a front zipper and two big pockets in front. I found it quite comfortable and it stayed in place even when sitting in my Cypress which has a high back. The lower pad in the PFD fit between me and the seat nicely and was comfortable. All in all a nice PFD for someone with a high back seat in their boat.

05-23-2001

I have worn a number of life jackets in my time. In most cases, they can be cumbersome, bulky and annoying. The Old Town Loon is quite the opposite.This comfortable and well designed PFD is a perfect companion for any trip. Its neoprene shoulder straps make movement a breeze. The large arm holes are excellent for long strokes and general movement around the canoe. Last, the versatile pockets can accomodate larger than expected items. (I put a camera and cell phone in one pocket.) This jacket is an excellent investment for any canoe paddler looking for freedom of movement for a good price.