Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Shenai Pro Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Shenai Pro Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

04-09-2007

This is by far my favorite boat. I have about 12. I got it in 2000 and it has about 2000 mi on it now. It is fast, has only a few cracked areas (and lots of scratches) on the surface over years of abusive treatment. It tolerates beginners in bad waves with ease. Good for large and smaller people.

08-07-2001

I recently demo'd a fiberglass Shenai and loved it! I am a 5'7", 150 lb female who has been paddling for about a year. The fit and feel of this boat, including the secondary stability, were perfect!! The boat is fast, accelerates well, and responds to leaned turns very very well. I had it out in 15 knot wind, 1 1/2 -2 ft chop, and considerable following swells, and the boat took very good care of me. I did notice, however that the bow seems to ride fairly high above the water when empty. It seemed to smack down on top of big waves when going into the wind, not cut through them. (Is this a desireable trait? Has anyone else experienced this? I would be interested in feedback from others who have paddled this boat.) All in all, a beautiful boat- glorious, in fact - and definitely on my short list to buy as my second (upgrade) boat.

05-22-2001
Submitted by: JEBSend Email

What a surprise to find an "American" sea kayak that you wear and makes you feel at one with the boat, fit and paddling position I find ideal. It seems that the paddler is at the control center of this boat, making carved leaning turns extremely easy and predictable. It rolls very easily, no effort. Low rear deck makes paddle float re-entry practice a cinch. This boat has an incredible feel in waves, it seems to come alive, and it actually feels faster in wind and waves. Extremely secure and sea kindly. What little weathercocking this boat is prone to do is easily handled with the retractable skeg, and the skeg mechanism is an improvement over other boats in its class. Probably the best thing about it is the feel when moving through the water, and the balance and the way it handles the waves, a very exciting boat to paddle. A well thought out and executed sea kayak, if it had recessed deck fittings and full deck lines this boat would be ideal. Nothing touches its performance, and it does reward the paddlers' skills, you can feel the difference.

Rendezvous River Sports