Product Reviews > Kayaks > Ocean Kayak > Rrrrapido Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Rrrrapido Kayak by Ocean Kayak

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

06-01-2009
Submitted by: AmberSend Email

Have had my early model, solid white, heavy-duty plastic Rrrrapido for about 9 years. Got it at a whitewater auction in Washington, DC. Loads of fun. Very stable and easier to steer than conventional sit-in short-ish kayaks. Have enjoyed weekly paddles on the flatwater Potomac River and some mild ocean surfing in Outer Banks, NC. Had trouble getting out through the surf there without being tossed head over heels (and the kayak coming down on my head!).

Recently lost one of my knee straps; if anyone knows of one, cheap, please let me know at consumer101 at hotmail.com (more than $75 to replace through the company). Also, screws keep coming out.

04-26-2006

I have been surfing my Rrrapido now for a couple of months in the South Florida surf (3-6 feet average) and really love it! At only 26" wide it is a little unstable until you get used to balancing it, but then it works great getting out through the soup and onto the waves. It catches waves very easily and is very maneuverable once on the wave. Only real complaint is the lack of entry rocker - you have to be careful on bigger days to make sure to get this boat turned on the wave quickly to avoid pearling. Other than that, it's extremely fast down the line and cuts and carves superbly!

05-24-2001
Submitted by: LoganSend Email

I've recently started Kayak surfing and am LOVING it. It's a great way to enjoy the waves and sun on a hot day. This kayak is very manueverable in the waves. I regularly surf 6-8 foot swells in southern California. Except for the occasional wave I catch backwards while trying to paddle out I have no problems in the large surf. Great way to cool off after work!!

05-11-2001

I started yak surfing because of knee surgery...no more board surfing for now. The Rrrrapido is an excellent way to enjoy the surf w/o damaging my knees. Since I had never surf-kayaked before, it took some getting used to...but not much. The Rrrrapido is easy to navigate through the surf...not too tippy, and carves quite well. It's pretty fast too!!!! Since I live in Florida, and the surf isn't very consistant, the Rrrrapido is the perfect kayak for the waves. I also like the fact that it's pretty light. I live 2/10 of a mile from the beach and have no problem carrying my yak down there...even with bad knees and low tide...My wife tried it out and got hooked right away!!! I was going to buy a new Rrrrapido and give her mine....no way...I guess she gets the new one!! If you are going to surf-kayak...get a Rrrrapido, even if you're a beginner. It doesn't take long to catch on and carve those waves like a pro!

04-13-2001

I like the way it surfs and flat spins. Not having fins in smaller waves is good-makes you learn to carve. On bigger waves can get a bit loose.

04-11-2001
Submitted by: LHSend Email

Great surf kayak. Nose could be a little higher to avoid "pearling" on waves. Very manueverable. A little hard to paddle through large waves.