Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > North Star Pro Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for North Star Pro Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Rated: 7.83/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

07-11-2014
Submitted by: jim2fSend Email

I competed in the MR340 last year in the Northstar. I found this kayak to be very capable for this 340 mile trek down the Missouri River. The kayak is very stable and very roomy but lacks in speed. I found the adjustable seat to be very accommodating for the 61 hour trip. The adjustable foot pegs and thigh pads were great. There is plenty of gear storage. The boat is long enough you don't have to worry about slapping paddles with your partner. The rudder worked flawlessly during the race and all the training runs in some very unforgiving rivers. The boat tracks very nicely using the rudder in heavy currents and winds. The boat is very rugged. We hit several stumps, wing dikes and rocks without any issues.

My paddling partner and I are both 74" tall and weigh around 215lbs. We found the boat to be comfortable even during the race which presented some extreme conditions.

07-03-2013

We have a tandem kevlar Northstar that is fabulous in any type of water. From beginners to advanced paddlers, the Northstar makes it enjoyable for all. It's is one of our five kayaks that we have purchased along the years from wilderness systems. They're the best in my book.

05-20-2008

I found this to be a forgiving ,easy to use, comfortable and durable Kayak. One of the best features are the seats which have a backrest that raises up to support your back. This has given me extra time in the cockpit as I have chronic back pain. Also since it is long , 19' 11" the cockpits are spaced far apart so you don't get wet or knock paddles with the other paddler. Over all a decent plastic boat. It can't compete with a glass or kevlar boat except in price.

07-30-2002

ife and I try to get out any chance we get! Not worried about bumping the plastic around a bit. A bit heavy (approx.90lbs.) but lots of room to take our 7 yr. old out. Found tandem very easy to paddle (which our canoe friends could keep up!)

05-06-2002

We contemplated many kayaks before coming to the decision of the Northstar Pro. We knew we wanted a tandem and a sea touring. The Northstar Pro looked great, it handled very nicely. There was plenty of room. Why the no. 1 rating? because after two hours in the boat,we returned with a spreading crack(that resembled cat's whiskers)which was the gelcoat separating from the kevlar. The boat was returned to the manufacturer through the dealer, and after another seven weeks of waiting, we got our replacement. This one didn't even GET into the water, we noticed the same cracking, but in two places this time. Needless to say, it went back!!!We are now waiting for the delivery of our Perception Caretta. It's a shame, because it was a nice looking boat.

04-05-2001
Submitted by: metwigg007Send Email

This was a very good Kayak lots or room and great control it had bow mid and stern hatch openings and lots of deck rigging.

Rendezvous River Sports