Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > AQ2 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for AQ2 Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 9.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

06-10-2003

A great "old school" kayak with excellent stability, very easy to roll, good hull speed, awesome ender ability. Although I did recently buy a short spud playboat, I still enjoy paddling my AQ2.

12-14-2001

Purchased mine for $75 on paddling.net (classifieds). Great boat. This is my first kayak so making comparisons is not really possible. I do know this though I have taken it on a 19 mile overnighter with no problems(gear was in my canoe) Easy to paddle on the flat and a blast in the whaitwater. My only complaint is the thighbraces that came with the boat, they are a little to agressive for me and make getting in and out a little difficult at times(bruises on the knees) For my first kayak I am extremely pleased and hey you can't beat the price.

03-26-2001

My first kayak was a dagger AQ2, I learned to paddle on the yok, after that it was the New River and Gauly for me and my BIG boat, It handled like a dream, I wish I had never sold it, the best big boat I have ever paddled!

03-22-2001
Submitted by: ChrishSend Email

I was looking for a good introductory whitewater boat & lucked out finding a used AQ2. Research reveals it is very similiar to the more current Animas in length, width, volume & overall profile. If I ever get the chance to put my AQ2 beside a new Animas I think they will be tough to tell apart. I think Dagger just gave the old AQ2 a facelift & slightly bigger cockpit opening to come up with the popular Animas. Anyways, this boat fits me perfectly @ 6'2' & 220lbs, was a little tight at first under the thigh braces, but now I appreciate it. The boat paddles easily, turns even easier, & I expect my future paddling & learning experiences to reflect what everyone says about the Animas. Good learning tool, easy to roll, great big water boat. Unless someone tells me otherwise, the AQ2 is the much overlooked father of the Animas! Happy paddling & don't get sucked into thinking a newer boat is a better boat...there is alot of life in these older boats if you find one in good shape.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports