Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Pegasus Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pegasus Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

08-24-2005
Submitted by: MBSend Email

One of the best WW Sit on tops around. Very low profile for a SOT and it is very stable going through class II and class III whitewater. I have run Class II and III on the Chattooga with it and it proved to be very stable and maneuverable. Surfs well as and can easily catch eddies. It is a wet ride though as with all SOT's. The only problem is with this boat that I have found is that you are literally sitting in water as you ride. I am about 190 lbs and with two drain holes in the seat, you ride in about 2 inches of water on your butt. I paddle mostly in the summer months so it is not a problem, but I would not recommend for early spring or fall paddling. I have not taken it out in the ocean surf, but plan to do so soon. However, it is a fun boat to learn WW skills on as a beginner before upgrading to a real kayak.

12-04-2001

I use my Pegasus in ocean surf here in Florida, everything from 2ft. to 15 ft. It is a very forgiving boat that makes plowing through the breakers almost as much fun as riding them. It is very stable and easy to hop back on, even in a large swell. I have a blast every time I take it out. If I could only have one boat, this would be it. Its faults are the fittings and I rated it an 8 due to this.

The storage hatch leaks. I sometimes have as much as 5 gallons of water in the boat after a session. It has molded foot braces that can shift out of position in a rollover necessitating their repositioning before getting back in. This can be a problem, as you only have so much time before the next wave hits. The thigh strap mounts are simply screwed into the hull, no fittings or blind nuts, and they work loose. The rescue handle is nylon fabric rope that chafes on its screw washer and tears. I like the boat and ride it almost everyday (literally). I only wish that Dagger would upgrade its fittings.

07-05-2001

Fun sit-on-top kayak. Handles well, narrow (easy to paddle), and loads of fun. Straps work good because they don't stretch.

12-28-2000
Submitted by: Steve Kreim

This boat is the best of its kind for a WW Sit-on-Top. The thigh straps are non-flexible nylon and give some control. This boat can also be rolled on flat water as it is the narrowest SOT. The thighstraps are a much better configuration than the Yahoo Knee Tree - and also offers a much drier ride as you ride higher above the water. The hull is narrower than the Torrent for easier strokes, and is high quality EXL. The foot braces are similar to bulkheads and are better than the pegs on the Torrent, or the cups on the Yahoo. The downside - it is a Sit-on-Top.

I have paddled the Pegasus numerous times in Class II (Middle Yough) and once on the Cheat Narrows at 2.5 ft (Class III). It handled the waves of Wind, Rocking Horse really well; however, the boat and I were eaten alive in the hole at Calamity Rock. Expect to tell some Whitewater Tales of Terror at III+.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports