Product Reviews > Kayaks > Seaward Kayaks > Endeavour Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Endeavour Kayak by Seaward Kayaks

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

02-18-2008
Submitted by: Kee SongSend Email

I’m 150 lb & 5’6”. Bought this kayak after much reading but absolutely no kayaking experience 3+ years ago. I had tried out many kayaks since then at various kayak symposiums and it never ceased to amaze me how well the Endeavor performs in comparison to other kayaks. It is fast and responsive, fun boat that is super responsive on edge. The skeg instead of a rudder is the primary reason I love this kayak; it is easy to deploy and works better than a rudder in my mind. The day hatch is very handy and I wish more kayaks will have them; I am usually the one stuck with carrying everyone’s food and snacks because it is so accessible. This kayak handles really well in rough waters and surfs; I find myself going out more and more often in windy choppy weather just to have fun. The Endeavor is for anyone who wants a kayak that can grow with their skill level. I constantly go to kayak symposiums to find an excuse to buy a new boat, but I always come back appreciating the Endeavor even more. Hope this helps and great job Seaward!

05-14-2003

This is an update from an earlier review. I had a chance to paddle the Endeavour in fairly rough conditions offshore. Seas ran 4 ft. with whitecaps on top of swells and chop. The boat handled very smoothly with good acceleration and a nice response to very secure leans. The return trip in a following sea was not something I looked forward to, however again the boat shined with a nice capacity for surfing and little tendency to broach. Nice boat.

10-30-2002
Submitted by: DCSend Email

My wife and I both are the proud owners of Kevlar Endeavours. The more I paddle the boat the more I enjoy it. The handling, workmanship and sheer attention to detail is phenomenal. I would buy the same boat again in a snap.

10-14-2002

This is a great boat! Good speed, maneuverable and very seaworthy. The construction quality is superb as usual with Seaward boats. I own 4 other kayaks (composite) so its easy to compare. I would strongly recommend this boat as well as any Seaward products.

12-10-2001

I have only been paddling four years, am 6'3"200lbs & have sailed my own boats and crewed for others for fifty years. After getting the sea kayak bug I paddled an assortment of plastic and fiberglass kayaks, all with their own faults. Still I enjoyed the sport, going out every day to paddle for an hour or two. After two years I started to think of a new ultra-fast sailboat. On a paddling trip to BC with some good friends, I happened to try the Endevour. Five miles into my test run I knew this was the boat for me. I bought one from the factory the next day. That was two years ago, the craft is so scratched but so loved I took it to BC again this summer even though I had to paddle a double. Well I towed the Endevour behind the double, just so I could use it in the ocean two or three times. By the way, the skeg is very important for towing. Will not track unmanned, with just 150 lbs of cargo. With the skeg it tracked well, never overran us in a following sea. I go to the West Coast Sea Kayak Symposium. For the last several years I never paddled a boat I have liked better. When I get older, now 66, I am going to order a super light version of the exact same boat. The only modifications I have made are moving the front bulkhead back six inches so I could get rid of the pegs and plunk my size 14 feet smack up on the wall. Also I removed the aft dayhatch bulkhead to make more room for all the stuff I seem to need camping.

07-10-2001

I am a sea kayak guide, and I am on the water for 7-11 hours per day. I have been looking for "the boat" for a number of months now, and found exactly what I was looking for in the Endeavour. Reviews such as this are valid, but different boats are for different folks, so make sure that you paddle many kayaks before you ultimately buy. I was looking for a kayak that incorporated a Greenland style hull, had a retractable skeg, a day hatch, had a low profile deck, was about 17'6" in length by 22-23" wide, was fast, sleek, relatively stable, was light and nimble, carved turns well, went up on edge easily, and tracked in following seas and in the surf zone. This is a TALL order!! But, I gotta tell ya', I found it in this kayak! The Endeavour is a gorgeous kayak with beautiful lines, and in kevlar, fully rigged, it comes in at 44 pounds, making a solo carry very easy. The kayak is very fast, and the workmanship is superb. Because choosing a kayak in quite subjective, it is impossible to say whether the Endeavour is for you. But, do make sure that you include this kayak on your list for test paddling. I am certain that it will make your short list, and you may end up with this boat as well ... it becomes more and more enjoyable and more comfortable the longer that you paddle the craft ... and if you can afford it, go kevlar! It's worth the extra money (true for any kayak).

02-08-2001
Submitted by: SteveSend Email

I have a kevlar Endeavour without the skeg. The boat has good construction and comes compleate with compass and under deck storage. I really like the day hatch that does not leak. The boat is great fun to paddle in the right conditions. It has great secondary stability and will do lean turns with ease. I feel the boat is faster than most comparable boats. The boat is also very comfortable for me. It is a snap to roll. The reason I rate the boat lower is because of weather cocking. In a quartering wind more than about 5knts the boat becomes progressivly harder to keep on course. At 15knts and 1ft waves on the quarter more effort is put into staying on course than on moving forward. The skeg model may improve this, but I find it a major obstacle for all around use. If there is no wind I will choose this boat evry time. If there might be wind I'll take my other boat.

12-28-2000
Submitted by: LauraSend Email

This boat has by far the finest workmanship I have ever seen! It has a narrower width but does not feel tippy. It is easy to turn and very fun to paddle. I was out for about 4 nights and had plenty of room for my equipment. Even without a rudder (has skeg) this kayak has great tracking! It will be even nicer in 2001 as I hear it will have all recessed fittings.