Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Outlaw Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Outlaw Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 9.13/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

03-03-2006
Submitted by: Nige BSend Email

I loved my last boat(Lettmann Rage) but found it uncomfortable on long trips. The Outlaw is a great boat very comfortable although I did have to add some foam under the footrest to prevent possible foot trap. It handles like a dream, very responsive and most of the bouyancy is in the Bow. This is weird at first but when you take it over drops on class 3 or above you see what a great design it is. Tricky to pull full on Playboating moves because of the distribution of volume. The stern sinks easily though, which provides fun.It's billed as a river runner but I have taken mine on the sea (surfing) and it's fantastic fun. Only point to watch is it is a little edgy so when breaking in or out on rivers you need to be aggressive with your lean or things get a bit inverted!All in all great intermediate/confident begginer's boat.

07-14-2005
Submitted by: the axe

I've paddled the Outlaw for about a year now Iím 5'5 and about 148 pounds it's the easiest boat Iíve paddled in a long while it will stap turn when you want in any water the only gripe I have with the outlaw is that it always tries to throw me over when breaking into eddies.

01-12-2005
Submitted by: JDSend Email

I am 6'2 168 lbs and it fits perfect it has more room than I ever imagined. By far the best boat I have ever paddled. It squirts good, surfs great and I can even do some tricks in flatwater, Iím not crazy about the bomber backband but itís nothing that canít be changed. Itís a great playboat with good river running capability.

04-29-2004
Submitted by: Buffalo billSend Email

Just like the rest, i loved the outlaw. It was the first more playboat like boat i had been in since i started paddling and i took to it start away. once i was comfortable with it i started moving stuff around. bringing the back rest as far forward as possible and adding extra foam to bring up the foot rests so hip rest held my legs, from then its been like we're join at the hip. great to squirt and im nearly cartwheeling it now but im still learning. the tip of the bow is raised a bit much to bow stall unless if good flow. Surfs like a god, pointy ends make for great looping and river running, its very stable and easy to roll. One fault that you dont find on alot of other boats the cockpit rim is very unprotected and i ripped my deck, of a rough rock, so dont mess about. otherwise a great boat

07-14-2003
Submitted by: EPSend Email

This is a good intro play boat. It is a bit long and has a little too much volume to be a full on play boat. It can get pretty exciting in big water. I do like the shape of the boat and the way it handles. It is great for squirts and pop-ups. I have used it creeking but the low volume tail can scre. I am 6ft 3in and I fit - no problems. The outfitting (seat, bulkhead) is all totally cheezy...cheap plastic. You think they would outfit a high end kayak with some quality components. Many comparable kayaks over much nicer outfitting.

06-24-2003
Submitted by: JeremySend Email

This is my first whitewater boat and it is a blast. I've only paddled it a few times, but I've already kind of figured out the sensitive spots. This boat surfs like a dream. It will surf even the smallest wave and the secondary stability really helps a beginner keep away from a wet exit. All you've got to do is lean in the opposite direction. I would reccomend this boat to any beginner.

10-29-2001
Submitted by: cvgSend Email

I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. This boat fits me like a dream. I initially thought the lack of length would cramp my feet, but the high cockpit means you sit more cross legged than with your feet stretched out. This improves both comfort and control. The boat is agile and easy to read. With the high cockpit you get a fair amount of secondary stability. The boat is tippy initially, but when the high sides enter the water the boat keeps from tipping. The low volume end squirts well, but can lead to unwnated pop ups when the edges catch. Surprisingly enough I have found the boat to be pretty good for low volume creeking, although I still worry about the pointy ends. A great all round boat.

10-30-2000
Submitted by: TodSend Email

At 6'5" with a 37 inch inseam, size 13 feet and 218 pounds, I was skepitical of a boat under 8 feet. Surprisingly the Outlaw was comfortable for a 3 hour river run. (I did remove the plastic bulkhead) It was a blast to paddle. It surfs and enders easily. Also was very manuvareable through rapids. It did pearl some but much less than most this size. It would not be a big water boat for some one my size but handles most everything else. Most of all it was the most fun I had had in a while.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports