Product Reviews > Kayaks > Trinity Bay > Critter Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Critter Kayak by Trinity Bay

Rated: 8.4/10 Based On: 10 Reviews

08-12-2008
Submitted by: gpSend Email

I bought two Critters this spring, my first kayaks. I have mostly used them on the river but also have my two sons and nephew. The Critters have performed well for this purpose. They are very stable, lightweight and maneuverable. Best of all I can store them on my condo deck. I will probably need a spray skirt for rougher/cooler weather.

07-29-2002
Submitted by: Papa BearSend Email

Super boat for family fun. Seat is a bit of a bother. I fish from a Micro Poke Boat but the Critter is how family members go on the water with me and we all like it!

01-15-2002

I purchased this boat as my first kayak early last season and was absolutely thrilled with it. It is incredibly stable, handles my slightly larger frame nicely and the kids love it. It's perfect for lazy water and class I or II, but I wouldn't recomend anything gnarlier. It has made my kayaking experience so enjoyable, I bought an older Perception Dancer for speed and playing, but still use the Critter regularily.

09-10-2001
Submitted by: HeebeegeebeesSend Email

Just purchased a Wilderness Systems Bandit,my first kayak. (same thing as a Critter except it has a padded seat,Wilderness Systems is the parent company of Trinity Bay). Also bought a spray skirt. In my 3rd time in a kayak I was wave surfing a class 2 rapid with it, with no problem! Along side a couple of Dagger white water boats. Going down the the class 2 was even easier! I'm sure it could handle more. And i'm 5'9 225 pounds. Not exactly a lite weight. Boat handled great,and is super stable. Add a couple of thigh braces and she could roll with no problem. The week before I did a 14-15 mile trip on the Schroon River in it, and wasn't overly tired. Seems like a great all around boat, it can do alot more than the brochure says it can! I give it two thumbs up!

08-30-2001
Submitted by: Vinny Occhipinti

Actually, there are 2 reviews this kayak should get -- each based on the intended use. I like to go far and fast, and I find the Critter by Trinity Bay to be sluggish towards this end. Thus I would rate it a 5. However, I know those who are only interested in short trips, or who want to bring along a child or enable an older child to go solo. In this regard, the boat gets an 8 or a 9. As with everything, context is important. Therefore, I hand you these TWO reviews, based upon needs. You need to first determine what your needs are.

07-06-2001
Submitted by: SteveSend Email

Good recreation boat for all around use. It is a very stable boat. This is one of four kayaks that I own. I have had this boat on about 20 trips. The boat does best in flat, calm or slow moving water. I have had it in mild chop up to class 2. The foam in the nose came out as soon as I got it home. I had to reglue it and have had no other problems. I would recommend it for someone just getting started and you can not beat the price.

05-22-2001

Great little boat! I use mine on lakes, & lazy rivers, needs a spray skirt to keep the chop out.I would recommend it to anyone.

05-11-2001
Submitted by: ProfDonSend Email

I needed a boat light enough to carry alone despite my COPD problems. I am delighted it has proven to be so versatile. I bought a spray skirt for it and love paddling all alone in the rain.

04-16-2001
Submitted by: Steve HSend Email

I bought this boat because it is small enough and stable enough for my 9 year old, 55 lb. daughter. She enjoys it; so do I! It is very easy to move around, easy entry, tracks fairly well. Could use a spray skirt to keep out the chop.

09-28-2000
Submitted by: KaroSend Email

I like this for calm rivers or ponds to fish out of maybe another boat for ww.