Product Reviews > Canoes > Mad River Canoe > Missiquoi Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Missiquoi Canoe by Mad River Canoe

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

09-05-2000
Submitted by: JJKSend Email

For me at 70 and for duck hunting in Wisconsin marshes it is great. Square stern lets me get back in the boat easily. there are not many 10s at my age.

08-18-2000
Submitted by: HL

I've had the Missiquoi for about a year now and still can't wait for my next time out. I use the boat about 30-40% of the time with a 2HP Yamaha (22 lbs) and find the motor is great for long trips in wind and current. Most use is in salt water back barrier environments where wind and current are always present. A low bow allows some water entry in 1' wind chop but loads can be adjusted to bring the bow out of the water a bit improving dryness. Under paddle I've found the boat to be a little slow but it isn't designed for speed. Great for photography, bird watching, etc. Excellent stability all around. Be a little careful (take a bailer) with two people and loads in wind and choppy water. Solo use when trimmed properly is great under power. If you need power to fight strong current and still enjoy muscle power, you'll love it. With the 2HP I get about 30 mpg and 5 knots.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports