Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pygmy Boats > Osprey 13 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Osprey 13 Kayak by Pygmy Boats

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Osprey 13 Kayak by Pygmy Boats

Length: 13' 0" - Width: 22.00" - Starting at: $839.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Pygmy Boats Logo

08-13-2001
Submitted by: OBPSend Email

I'm short, light weight F paddler. At 5'3" and less than 100 lbs, there isn't much out there on the commercial end that I CAN cartop and paddle comfortably. But the Pygmy Osprey 13, well, she's terrific! Accelerates effortless, tracks well, rolls beautifully (I can't roll the bigger, heavier boats, I don't fit in them!). My only complaint is that she's got a bow that smacks over waves, and needs a little ballast in the front and back for proper trim (if you don't like smacking over waves). Otherwise, she's a great boat, I recommend her highly.

08-07-2000
Submitted by: GPRSend Email

Just finished an Osprey 13 for my 10 year old daughter. She oftens kayaks with my wife and I, but soon tires out in her plastic boat. After talking to the folks at Pygmy, I decided to build the Osprey for her. I couldn't be happier. Maiden voyage last week on a mountain lake in Oregon. The boat was paddled by 6 different kids, ranging in age from 8 to 14. The Verdict? A big hit. Lots of comments from people on the shore. Boat moves quickly and tracks true with a minimum of effort. The proof came on a 4 mile paddle in a 10 knot breeze. In her plastic boat, our daughter would have lasted about a mile or so, then would have needed a tow. On this trip, we struggled to keep up with her. BTW. The 12 year old borrowed her plastic boat, and needed a tow the last mile or so...his comment "My arms are tired" 9 out of 10 because I cannot fit in it to try it myself!