Product Reviews > Kayaks > New Wave > Sleek Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sleek Kayak by New Wave

Rated: 8.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

08-01-2001
Submitted by: MDL

I've had my Sleek since its first year on the market. It's still one of the best straight-wave surfing boats available. Generally a fun boat with sunken stern possibilities, but I'd caution less advanced paddlers about taking it down serious whitewater. My Sleek has been down the Upper Gauley and the Chattooga Section IV at high water, and occasionally I had to overcompensate for the boat's big-water drawbacks.

07-16-2001
Submitted by: BBSend Email

This boat is good to learn how to roll with, which is good because you will be doing a lot of it. This boat is able to flip in flat water if you are not carefull. I would suggest a different boat but if you plan to run very light whitewater and have a tight budget then maybe this is the boat for you but I don't recommend it

06-04-2001
Submitted by: RBSend Email

I tried the boat after my friend had bought it for a relativly cheap price. It makes for a good beginner boat, but if you have any experience I may pass it by. It was able to punch any hole, keep you out of trouble, and turn on a dime. On the other hand It was a tiny bit hard to role if you are not snug into the kayak. Otherwise a good boat and highly recommended to the beginners out there.

08-18-2000

This boat is awesome. I'm a beginner and this is the first boat I've purchased. I am still a beginner and I've done my first whitewater roll in it, stern squirt, and it is a surfing machine. I picked up a used one for $200. I'm 5' 6" and weigh 150 and this boat fits like a glove. I suggest this boat to any beginner looking for a good all-around boat that will surf and squirt as well as get you down the river.

07-26-2000
Submitted by: Elijah SmithSend Email

This boat is the cream of the crop for a beginner. It is fast, manuverable, extremely easy to role, durable, has a low volume stern so you can do stern squirts and junk as you get beter, plenty of volume in the bow,it is great for punching holes, it's manuverable, and you can pick one up used for about $350. If you are just starting out, get this boat. Happy paddling, Elijah.

Suspenz: