Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Method Air Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Method Air Kayak by Perception

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

05-07-2012
Submitted by: DanSend Email

Bought this boat second hand about 10 years ago as my old Perception Whippit (a great river runner) nearly crippled me after long paddles. The Method Air was instantly 100 percent more comfortable and is a great surf boat. I'm 5'7", 70Kgs which means this boat is a tad on the large side to be used as a serious play boat, but because of the slightly larger volume I find it works really well in big water with the sharp lines helping with carving. The only down side is that it can't really be used as a creek boat. The low back deck means it tends to back loop far too easily (never a good thing in a narrow slot!).
Overall, for a paddler of my size, a good all round river runner/surf boat with some play potential.

11-27-2004

Comfortable boat with great all-around adjustability. I removed the factory foot brace and built one out of closed-cell foam, and I am much happier with this set-up. The boat handles well in most conditions, the bow does tend to dip more than I like. All in all, a great boat if you can only have one. I recommend it!

04-12-2004

i can't say this was a good boat for me. i am small and it was slightly too big, but it was quite spinny and enjoyable to paddle. i don't think it is a beginners boat and would not recomemnd it to beginner's. however it is a nice boat just to have a go in on flat water and muck around.

07-17-2002
Submitted by: Mic

I am 160 pounds. It works well for me as a play boat. But on fast big water the bow enders out on me more than I would like. Great if you only want one boat, but if you are going to have more than one get a Play boat and a Big water boat.

05-25-2001
Submitted by: RPSend Email

I just bought mine. It's amazing to me how comfortable this beautiful little boat is. The adjustments are a plenty and the seat IS simply irresistable. I'm fairly new to the sport of white water. Infact, this is my first boat. I'm very pleased with it though, it's so much fun to get ou there and feel at ease in such an advanced boat. I know there are so many moves that I have yet to tackle, but I am postive that the method air will take in on no prob! The other day I brought her out for the first time, it was unreal. Surfing was INCREDIBLE and stable! This boat is worth it, every penny. Get one today!

07-18-2000

Perception describes the method air as a river runner w/play characteristics and that's pretty accurate. I'd paddled a pirouette for a couple of years, but wanted something a bit more up-to-date. I like to surf, and wanted to try out a few other moves (squirts, maybe an ender or two), but I wasn't interested in anything too radical. also, I'm fairly large-6' tall, 175 lbs, and I found that getting into many of the smaller boats on the market was a painful process, if not impossible. so the method air fit the bill perfectly for me. It's only 7'9" long, but is amazingly roomy and comfortable. the cockpit is very well-designed: it comes with 3 interchageable bulkheads of different sizes depending on how far in or out you want them. this, in conjunction with a foam insert place your feet in a comfortable position. The new-style adjustable thighbraces accomodate a wide variety of positions and provide excellent boat control. and last but not least, the IR ratcheting backband is incredible. I have to squeeze myself in, but I can wet exit no problem. there's a fair amount of volume in the bow, allowing the boat to hold it's own while plowing through big waves. it's quite stable and sidesurfs really well-excellent secondary stability. it's fast for it's size, carves turns really well, and surfs like a champ. I was really surprised at how easily i made the transition to this boat from one fully 3 1/2' longer. I've been looking for something it doesn't do well but i haven't found it yet.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!