Product Reviews > Accessories > Werner Kauai 220 cm Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Werner Kauai 220 cm

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Werner Paddles Logo
See Products from Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Whitewater SUP
  • Touring Kayak Paddles
  • Racing SUP

09-19-2003

I'm using a 215cm Kauai and wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China. I paddle a Crossover, (25"), and a Seayak, (23"). The Kauai catches very naturally for my stroke style. Rolls seem easier also as this blade design really grabs the water. Additionally, it orients for me quicker when setting up the paddle for a roll.

Joint is tight with very little play. I'm not easy on paddles and this one is certainly holding it's own. This is my third Werner and I remain impressed with regard to quality vs. investment. I've noticed no change in muscle fatigue or joint discomfort even though this paddle is rather aggressive. I'd like to try a Molokai sometime and see if I'm tough enough!

The Kauai is a paddle that anyone who prefers a higher active stroke will enjoy. It really performs in rough water and I use it when river running the Crossover in Class III conditions. In my experience, the Kauai is the best all around paddle. I'd definitely buy one again.

05-21-2003

I am a recreational kayaker and always paddle unfeathered; the following comparison is based on my personal experience of having owned three kayaks that I paddled with a Mid Swift, made by Eddyline. I was spoiled by the Swift's low weight and was very satisfied with its performance with my narrower kayaks. Then I tried the Wilderness Systems Pungo 140 which I loved it right from the start but paddlewise, something was lacking at times; maybe because of the Pungo's wide hull, I felt a need for a paddle with more grab or a little more bite. Today, after having paddled my latest kayak for a month with the same paddle, I bought a Werner Kauai 230 cm (which has blades that are shorter and wider) and headed for Lake Winnepasauki where I had paddled 2 weeks before in similar wind conditions; with the Werner Kauai I noticed an increase in speed and control and no increase in shoulder fatigue that I had anticipated from a wider bladed paddle.

06-28-2000
Submitted by: hpb

By far the smoothest paddle in the water, no noticeable flutter for a high angle paddle. Powerful but not taxing. Very good excelleration. My favorite paddle, but my wife keeps taking it. I give it a 9 because I still want to try the rest of the werner line and compare both the premium and mid-line. If the midline has the same attributes in performance, the could all be the best for the money out there. Adios.