Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wave Sport, Inc. > Fusion Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fusion Kayak by Wave Sport, Inc.

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

08-09-2000

This is a great all around river boat. Not a destination play machine, but very stable and forgiving with surf and side-surf capabilities. I picked mine up used a few years back and seem to appreciate it more every year. I recently lent it to a beginner friend while I paddled a flat-bottomed playboat. I wanted back in the Fusion by the end of the day after paddling that school lunch tray around. This boat tracks well, is quite fast and can haul extra gear for longer trips.

05-15-2000
Submitted by: Bill KeySend Email

My son stole mine before I ever got it in the water. I think he likes it...I don't see it or him much. Sigh.

05-13-2000
Submitted by: MGSend Email

The Fusion is a great all around boat. It is good at 'everything' (ie. downriver, playing, surfing), but not perfect at any one river task. Apparently, it was designed as the 'fusion' of a downriver boat (eg. busting through eddy lines and big water) and a play boat capable of surfing. I think the length is about 10'2'' and the volume about 68 gallons. It is very stable and forgiving. This boat is probably unbeatable for beginners who are unfamiliar with the feel of whitewater. Personally, I find the boat good for running new rivers and creeks, and as a big person (>200 lbs) I find it suitable for surfing. I can often get the speed necessary to get into waves that smaller boats can't make, but it is harder to keep the boat in most waves compared to smaller boats. I have never seen many Fusions on the river, even when they were most popular. This suprises me because all the people I know who do boat in a Fusion, including some high-end boaters, are big fans of the model!

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!