Product Reviews > Kayaks > Feathercraft > K2 Expedition Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for K2 Expedition Kayak by Feathercraft

08-03-2009
Submitted by: BighornmonkeySend Email

After 100 miles paddled, I am impressed with the speed and stability of this tandem kayak. I've assembled it a half dozen times and with 2 people it only takes 45 minutes. It is very straight forward to put together once you've done it a couple times and I don't need to read the instructions anymore.

I've used the K2 to do some 20+ miles open ocean crossings (Long Beach, CA to Catalina Island) and some coastal exploration (Moro Bay, CA to Pismo Beach, CA) and the boat feels very secure in big swells and rough seas. We covered up to 30 miles per day....often waiting for our friends (who paddled rigid single touring boats) to catch up. This boat is indeed pretty fast with 2 people powering it.

I am impressed with the quality of workmanship of Feathercraft boats.

01-16-2001
Submitted by: Dick PostmaSend Email

I have paddled a k2 for over 2 years and find it to be a very fine kayak. I have kayaked 1350 miles down the Yukon River (1999), solo I might add, as my partner became ill the first day out. 150 miles down the Missouri River in 1998, with a partner. The kayak is able to carry more cargo than any other kayak of it's size. I pulled off the Yukon River with zero damage to any part of the kayak, and I must say the Yukon River is a very unforgiving River. It can be a bid cumberson in tight quarters but makes up for it in stability in rough waters. I would recomend this kayak to anyone who is planning an extended kayak trip. The only down side is the time it take to put together and of course the price, it aint cheap.

01-18-2000

I have been paddling the K2 for about 2 months around Okinawa in various conditions. It is a stable, comfortable boat. My usual paddling partner is not a very strong paddler( good company and ballast mainly)and the boat takes a lot of energy to keep it going. When I have paddled with stronger folks it held a nice cruising speed. It tracks well responds to ruddered turns well. The sea socks make it a very warm and safe boat. I have had it out in 6-8ft seas and 25+ knot winds and feel very secure at all points of wind. With the polytech deck, I do not take on much water( Mainly from launching and landing). Assembly is time consuming and the instructions were a bit hard to follow at first. Everything fits easily however and forms to make an exceptionally strong boat. It is a heavy boat (90lbs)that will store in either 1 or 2 bags. It takes a bit of muscle to hall around so a cart is almost a necessity. Overall a great kayak.