Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Echo Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Echo Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Rated: 9.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

06-04-2003
Submitted by: SWMSend Email

I purchased the Echo tandem at Canoe Escape in Tampa, FL. This is my first Kayak, and I love it. It is fiberglass, light, easy to maneuver.

08-03-2001

This is an unusual tandem in that it has speed and lightweight. Mine is kevlar so it sits on the roof racks with our larger tandem pretty well. The Echo is really nice if you have a child in the front cockpit who paddles occasionally. The boat really clips along yet has nice stabilty. It seems that most Andy Singer designs have a distinct user friendly feel. The limitation of this boat is its capacity which limits one to an overnight trip.

05-30-2000
Submitted by: JAHSend Email

I purchased this boat because my girlfriend enjoys paddling with me, but can't keep up or go as far as I can. So, we bought an Echo. The boat is surprisingly fast and light. While it can only accomodate small to medium sized paddlers, it still has enough storage for a weekend or overnight. For a small couple, it's the ideal boat because of its ease of portability and its lively performance.

05-04-2000
Submitted by: H.R. HallSend Email

This touring kayak is.......Great!! I have owned 25 kayaks in four years of paddling and have finally settled down with a plastic touring kayak that meets all of my needs except one; custom color! I have found that many touring kayaks are rarely used to full potential. This kayak is just the right size, length, and weight. I had wised that Dagger would have one similar, but at this time the Savannah does not do the same as the Corona. The Corona cuts through choppy waters like a shock absorber, a smoothe ride. The cockpit is comfortable for me(6', 210lbs., size 11eee feet). It is very fast and controllable. The price is higher than other 14' kayaks but you get nice extras for what you pay.(1275.00 w/rudder). I am extremely picky, but was extremely impressed with this touring kayak. I am a huge Dagger paddler, but Perception got my business this time. This kayak is easy to load/ unload, portage and paddle. I am using it on my two week trip across S.C. this summer( from Tega Cay down to Charleston). This says a great deal about this kayak considering the kayaks I have owned. I still support Dagger kayaks, but the Corona raises the standard! I am impressed!!! Call me at (803) 482 3387 for the full story.

11-08-1999
Submitted by: DFMSend Email

I purchased the Echo after long deliberation. My wife and I love to kayak in the San Francisco Bay. In single kayaks we would often become separated due to different paddling speeds. I wasn't a big fan of the large doubles mostly because they were very wide and difficult to transport. I found the fiberglass Echo at a local retailer and was impressed by its dimensions and fit. At 18 feet long, it fits into my garage nicely. The 25" beam allows the boat the feel of a sleeker craft with excellent secondary stability. It tracks nicely in calm water. With wind and chop, the rudder is necessary. This kayak is very fast and seaworthy. We have taken it through some tough conditions on the San Francisco bay without ever feeling a loss of control.

Recently I purchased a neoprene cockpit cover to paddle the Echo solo. To my surprise it paddled very well. The rudder was not necessary, even in chop and a breeze. It handled the currents around Alcatraz without difficulty. I was careful to avoid hull slap over some of the larger ferry wakes which was not difficult when taking the swells obliquely. I recommend this kayak to anyone in a similar situation, namely intended use with a partner ~75% of the time and desire to paddle solo on occasion. The 18 foot length and 70 lb weight make it fairly easy to transport and store.

Rendezvous River Sports