Product Reviews > Kayaks > Boreal Design > Saguenay Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Saguenay Kayak by Boreal Design

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

08-09-2013
Submitted by: SpunnerSend Email

I had an Inukshuk (plastic) very similar in fit and stability but the composite Saguenay is much faster and lighter on and off the water. Has tons of storage space and works even better with some weight in it. Have been on dead calm lakes to 5' chop waves in Lake Ontario, this thing is made for open water, never felt uneasy. It's a big boat (18') but it flies along with little effort.
Love the boat.

07-31-2002

I am 6'4" and 230 lbs. I also have a bad nerve in my butt, which makes my left leg fall asleep. I ordered a Sagueney with the Narwal cockpit opening. This gives me the ease of moving my leg up to get my blood circulating easily. The Kayak is perfect for a large guy like me. As well I find it perfect for long trips. I recently paddled from Lake Ontario through the 1000 Islands to Brockville. The load it takes is quite amazing and it handles rough water very well. It is well made and comes standard with a Feathercraft rudder system, which it needs because it tracks like a freight train. All for less than comparable kayaks like Current Designs. This is one great kayak!

08-20-2001
Submitted by: Dave G.Send Email

I am a 240lb paddler that likes to head out on 1-3 week trips. The Saguenay is turned out to be the perfect boat for loading lots of gear without sacrificing a lot of maneuverability.

08-30-1999
Submitted by: K. WeaverSend Email

Excellent hull design tracks well but will turn with slight lean. Large craft that will hold expedition weights but alone is light enough to lift onto car rack.

Cannon Paddles: