Product Reviews > Kayaks > Current Designs > Double Vision (tandem) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Double Vision (tandem) Kayak by Current Designs

09-01-2014

I have rented many tandems over the years, as we have some in our family (my wife, my daughter when she was younger) who either didn't want to, or weren't ready, to go solo. But I've never really liked tandems -- most are big, ponderous, and although stable, not very responsive -- like paddling a battleship.

We recently vacationed in Seattle, and rented kayaks to paddle around a bay off Bainbridge Island. My 14-year-old daughter and I had a Current Designs Double Vision (composite) tandem. It was, in a word, awesome. Light, fast, and quite maneuverable. There were times when I forgot I was in a tandem -- even when my daughter propped her feet up in the front and let me do all the work.
I highly recommend this Kayak.