Product Reviews > Accessories > Malone Stax Pro2 Univ. Folding Kayak Carrier Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Malone Stax Pro2 Univ. Folding Kayak Carrier

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

11-19-2014

I have used the Malone Stax Pro2 for one season and think those are great. I have those mounted to my FJ Cruiser oval roof rack cross bars and those fit fine. I recently upgraded to Thule square crossbars and the Malone upright stackers fit perfectly with those as well, thanks to the way the attachments are designed. These have been solid in gusty winds - 50 km/hr or more. The stacker comes with straps but I upgraded to wider NRS straps. However I think the straps that come with it work fine. These stackers fold down which is nice if need more clearance. When I upgraded to the Thule cross bars I could no longer get in the garage door even with those folded down but the wing nuts make it easy to remove those in minutes so no big problem. This is not a downside to the product as much as it is the fact that my vehicle has a couple of inches of lift which is just enough to scrap the top of the garage door if I don't take the stackers off.

All in all, I am very happy with the fit and finish of this product. I have had two 17 foot sea kayaks on the system with no problems. I would recommend it. The only thing I wish is that those were just a few inches taller so those were easier to reach when wrapping the straps around - minor issue.

09-01-2014

I'd been in the market for an affordable kayak car rack, but the two leading brands were prohibitively expensive. Then I found this on Amazon. It fits on any standard car roof rack, so I was able to get the whole roof rack and kayak rack for two boats at a quarter the price I would have paid for the leading names. This works really well- my boats have been very secure and I've used this every weekend all summer. It's nice the holders fold down and only one pair is necessary to purchase to carry one or two boats. Solid product that I highly recommend. I'd rather spend the big bucks on the kayak itself!