Product Reviews > Kayaks > Heritage Kayaks > Angler 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Angler 12 Kayak by Heritage Kayaks

Angler 12 Kayak by Heritage Kayaks

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 30.00" - Starting at: $749.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Heritage Kayaks Logo

08-23-2014

Purchased this new last fall at a killer price ($299 on sale, MSRP is 749.99). This is equivalent to the Heritage Redfish 12, but without a seat bottom, and a smaller front hatch. For a starter fishing kayak, I have no complaints. Also bought wife an Old Town Vapor 10 Angler (also $299) and son a Heritage Featherlight 9'6" Angler ($249). Basically saved around $800 over regular prices.

Anyhow, it holds my 250# self, plus tackle, without fail. It tracks fine, it's slower than the other 2 (sit-ins, mine is sit-on-top), and as I paddle it "waggles" a bit, but it gets me where I'm going without any fuss. Included an anchor kit, scotty rod holder in front, 2 inset rod holders behind the seat, and a rear hatch. I ordered a "hatch cup" that fit in the back hatch (5 or 6"?), and gives me plenty of room for my wallet and cell phone in a waterproof bag, and could put a bit more (maybe 1.5 liters total volume?) It didn't cost too much to add from ACK I think, maybe $20? Also has a paddle keeper (snap-in style, not the best for this kayak, but it does work). Bungees across stern well, which is large enough, and has insets for, a bucket, or milk crate, with more room behind those.

Complaints: small foot pegs (I have large feet) lead to hot-spots on my feet (wearing water shoes), and no seat pad (but has screws to secure one of the many options out there). Seat back pad included is short, for my 6'2" height, but it mostly works.

I'd say adding a $50 seat, and replacing the kayak feet tracks (which are fine, just don't like the small pegs) with a nicer set like the Sea-Lect for their much larger pads(about $35-40 online), and for about $100 over original price and hundreds less than a Redfish 12, and even more than that saved over similar models (Pescador for instance) , I've got a nice kayak that I'm totally happy with.

Rendezvous River Sports