Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Trip 10 Angler DLX Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Trip 10 Angler DLX Kayak by Old Town Canoe

09-03-2014

This was my first boat that I bought thinking that it would offer me the most versatility for what I thought I needed. While this is a great boat for what it is and I give it a 10, it just ended up not working out for me that well because my girlfriend with whom I do my kayaking bought a Dagger Alchemy shortly after my purchase and I found it difficult to keep up with her in this boat. I have since purchased a Wilderness Systems Tsunami which is a better match in speed to the Dagger. But back to the Trip Angler, it is a very comfortable boat and I really like the roomy cockpit. I did purchase a half skirt for it for when we paddle in the cooler months to help keep the water that drips off the paddle out of the cockpit and off the legs of the paddler and that has worked out well. I use this boat as a loaner for friends and family if they want to go on a trip with us and it has worked out very well for that. Like I said this is a great boat with great stability and maneuverability and its very comfortable.

The cockpit is big enough to take along a youngster or a dog with room to spare. It has a nice size rear storage compartment with a hatch and locking mechanism and there is plenty of room up front for other stuff which is pretty safe to keep out in the cockpit because it would probably be pretty difficult to flip this kayak as it's so wide and stable.

Make sure you get a nice long paddle for this one because it is so wide you will need the length. If you get this boat and plan on paddling with others in longer, thinner boats you will most likely be playing catch up but for what it is is a great little boat.

08-23-2014
Submitted by: A.C.T.Send Email

Although I have rented a few makes and models of Kayaks over the years, this one was the first kayak that I purchased. I wanted a kayak for flat water and class 1 rivers only. I picked this one because of the stability reviews that I read and they were very accurate. You would have to work very hard to roll this kayak over. It has dry storage in the rear and a very large cock pit opening. The seat could use additional padding which can be added very easily. Tracks very well in the water. It is a bulky kayak to haul around if you would have a small car but it fits well on top of my Tacoma.

I gave this review a 10 because I really don't see any issues with this kayak. It handles well and is priced right. I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods on sale for under $500.