Product Reviews > Canoes > Grumman Canoes > 1850 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for 1850 Canoe by Grumman Canoes

Length: 18' 0" - Width: 37.0" - Starting at: $1292.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Grumman Canoes Logo

07-25-2014

I recently purchased a Grumman 1850 canoe. They sell new for: MSRP Pricing (US$):* Aluminum (85 lbs) - $1292.00

They are currently constructed out of .040" skins instead of .050" to save weight and weigh in at 72 pounds. The older 1850's weigh about 80 pounds. I can carry the 1850 by myself for short distances, but then I am nearly 69 years young.

It has obviously been Gently used a lot over the years. The serial number in 4 digits long, and according to information I received from the customer service department of Marathon Boats, this canoe was manufactured sometime prior to 1974. I have purchased the Grumman motor mount, and powered it with a 50# thrust Minkota trolling motor and was very pleased with the performance. With a little bit of TLC this canoe could well end up with my nephews or nieces or even their children when I no longer need it.

07-23-2014

I am the proud owner of a Grumman 1850, an 18 foot, 50 gauge, external keel, aluminum canoe. The serial number on mine is just three digits, implying a late fifties or early sixties manufacture. It came to me with four or five coats of paint, Stripeze worked wonders, along with several man days of elbow grease. I now own a rather dented, beat up work horse of a canoe that weighs about 75 pounds, can take a rock bashing in the shallows, the occasional carom off of a rock in the chutes, sit out in the snow all winter... it doesn't care. If I don't wrap it around a midstream rock, my grand kids will enjoy it. Not just a good boat, a great boat.