Reviews for Gemini SP Kayak by Valley Sea Kayaks
Based On: 1 Reviews
07-18-2014Submitted by: paddlemaniac
Don't Miss the Paddling.net Weekly Newsletter!
Great boat for bumpy conditions and shorter coastal exploring. Really fun.
I put some additional thoughts on a blog here if interested:
- Light weight (vacuum bagged fiberglass layup)
- Super maneuverable
- Super-easy to edge (low initial stability)
- Comfy cockpit – better thigh braces, roomier than low volume boats
- Surfs nicely, good volume/buoyancy and hard chine
- New small day hatch – easy to attach, big enough
- Turns out 14'10" is not too short for a "real" sea kayak
- Valley plastic seat (not comfortable or ergonomic for me)
- Low initial stability (a pro for some, con for others)
- Low speed – not a good choice for distance paddling
- Huge rear hatch – unnecessary in a play-boat, hard to put on
120,000+ people can't be wrong!
The Paddling.net Newsletter is a must if you like to canoe or kayak! Each week it is packed with great articles, photos, product reviews, and special features. Better yet, we promise not to sell your email address to anyone; that's right ZERO spam! Sign up today and find out what you've been missing!