Product Reviews > Accessories > Bending Branches Bounce Rec. Kayak Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Bending Branches Bounce Rec. Kayak Paddle

Bending Branches Logo
See Products from Bending Branches in the Buyers' Guide!
Bending Branches in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Stand Up Paddles
  • Recreation Kayak Paddles
  • Solo Canoe Paddles

09-24-2014

The good: Bending Branches Bounce paddles come in 240 cm size which, with my height and my sit-on-top kayak, I need. They're aluminum, but not particularly heavy. The bright yellow paddles are a nice safety feature, and the decorative, wide-yellow strip is very pretty. The two halves snap together easily. Also, they're a good price for a decent beginner's paddle.

The not-so-good: That decorative yellow stripe? On the picture of the paddle, it looked like the shaft was painted alternating colors, but actually it's a wide strip of yellow, textured material in two spots -- where your hands would go, in fact. When I first saw the lozenge design on the yellow I thought, "How pretty!" But when I got my first blister, I realized the problem.

I've used these paddles twice now, and both times it raised and broke blisters. I've now ordered paddling gloves which, at $20, make the deal I got on my paddles a little less shiny.
Watch your hands, and you should be okay.

07-06-2014

When I purchased my newest boat my local shop threw in a new paddle. I was able to pick from the Bounce Aluminum Shaft with X-grips or the Sunrise Glass Shaft paddle. I decided to go with the Bounce because of the oval shaped built in hand grips. After using the paddle a few times now I have to say I wish they made this in a glass shaft version.

It is a very comfortable paddle and helped minimize the blisters I normally get when out on a long paddle. It stood up to rocks and waves rather well and didn't have a lot of flex in the paddle. It will start to feel heavy after a while when compared to a Glass shaft paddle though.

Overall it is durable not terribly heavy and comfortable. It also will not break the bank, I just wish they made this in a glass shaft version.