Product Reviews > Kayaks > Bass Pro > Ascend A10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ascend A10 Kayak by Bass Pro

07-02-2014
Submitted by: PaulSend Email

A great recreational kayak for the casual paddler. I mainly use mine on the Des Plaines River in north east Illinois. This kayak is great for calm slow moving waters, and tracks exceptionally well given its size, due to its trimaran style hull. In faster river currents it can be difficult to maneuver especially when log jams and other obstructions are present.

What I love about this model (the older one) is the abundance of storage space. The design is that of a canoe kayak hybrid. The storage behind the seat is entirely open allowing you to carry items that would not normally fit into dry storage compartments. I routinely take overnight trips where I can bring a large cooler, camping chairs, even a charcoal grill pit in the back no problem.

The only downside for me is the lack of a combing ring to add a spray skirt. While the kayak is stable enough to not have to worry about flipping it, without a spray skirt I have to be careful when it rains, the open storage can fill up rather quick in a heavy downpour!

All in all this is a terrific base model kayak that offers the experimental paddler a lot of opportunities for customization.