Product Reviews > Kayaks > Future Beach > Angler 144 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Angler 144 Kayak by Future Beach

Angler 144 Kayak by Future Beach

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 30.55" - Starting at: $749.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Future Beach Logo

09-24-2014

I Purchased mine 4 years ago for about $480. This yak rocks! It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some newer and pricier yaks, but she's definitely a keeper.
The balance of stability, swiftness, and comfort is perfect.

Track Record:
50+ Outings in the Chesapeake Bay under all weather conditions. Shes never flipped. I've put the bow through some waves and wake 1-4ft and purposely flipped it to practice re entry. It leaks very minimally.
I can carefully get my hands to the tip of the stern and bow on he water when necessary.
I weigh 180 and carry up to 100+ lbs of gear, no problems. In calm water one can stand on it carefully.

It's very durable, I drag it over rocks, logs, pavement, etc. ouch:( bad habit
It survived my 140lb ex-girlfrind sitting in the stern through mild white water on a 5hr booze cruise down a river (Potomac River)
It easily stowed my current girlfriend on the stern down a sportier river (Gunpowder River).

Cons:
Handles break- for a yak of this weight the handles should be stronger.
Under my seat, the hull has deformed- probably due to an abusive owner.

Its a great boat. I would buy it all over again.

08-19-2014
Submitted by: JamesSend Email

Angler 144. Fished in the U.P. of MI and in the Gulf of Mexico. Best deal for the money. Stable. I like them so much I bought 2. Hoping to land a shark this summer. Plenty of storage. Cooler/bait bucket fits right in the back. Two rod holders in the rear. One adjustable rod holder in the front. Two cup holder spots.

Save your money, you don't need one of the $1200.00 ones, this one is the best bang for the buck. You can sit in just about any position, my cousin stands in his and fishes. Ultra-stable. Just typing about it makes me want to go fishing! 12 feet long, double hull type. 57 lbs. I did buy the extra padded seat for both .

Bottom line save the extra $600 and buy the wife something nice or a new rod and reel.

07-02-2014
Submitted by: Scott odomSend Email

I purchased a Angler 144 from a Dunams store to use for fishing. Tried it out on a lake near my house with great results. The handling seemed to work great, hull design was as described with regards to tracking straight and having good man over ability. This sit on top has a lot of standard options that will work great for my grandson and myself.