Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Maverick 100x Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Maverick 100x Kayak by Pelican International

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Maverick 100x Kayak by Pelican International

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $429.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Pelican International Logo

09-09-2014
Submitted by: fuzzysoulSend Email

I never expected this to write this about a Dick's kayak, but the Maverick just might be the perfect personal party boat. Stable, tracks well enough, good price, yadda, yadda, yadda...
OK, the important stuff: She's light; she can stow your wallet and keys; and she has a special deck mount for the smartphone. Throw your LIFOAM cooler on the back, wander down the creek and catch some rays while cranking some Pitbull. Good times.

09-07-2014
Submitted by: Tina WeeksSend Email

This kayak seat bottom was comfortable, however the back despite the strap seat still should have a more smooth ridge line. The foot rest were easy to move. the stability was great. Like the cargo space with the net on top, however I did have a lot of water in this area when I was paddling in lake water that had waves that were not quite white caps. The water was over the small water tight storage area located in this gear storage area. It would be nice if it came with a cover for that area should you not have gear. giving low risk to the items in that storage area with water proof cover for smaller items . Love the knee pads on each side.

This kayak was very easy to control. Though only 10 feet long tracking was great. I would recommend this product. I love the cell phone placement with bunji.

09-05-2014
Submitted by: Brian R. LazzaroSend Email

I love this kayak. It was the perfect entry level kayak for a beginner. The backrest is comfortable and still enough room for my son to sit in front of me in the single cockpit. The price was great. The river I was paddling in was 1 foot deep in many parts and it was able to float on top and get through pretty easily.

Love this kayak and recommend to others. As I get more experience I will upgrade to a thicker plastic model since I hit a lot of logs and rocks. But, as a beginner, this kayak rocks and my son loves it.

09-05-2014

Great little kayak, sits a tad low in the water, super easy to paddle and maneuver. Has a nice little dry storage compartment that would hold keys cell phone wallet, etc. On the cockpit it has a place where you can "bungee" your cell phone or iPod or similar device. Open storage on the stern where you can strap down a dry pack or small cooler for day tripping. Good price on sale.

07-02-2014
Submitted by: JEREMYSend Email

My wife and I bought one each and are new to kayaking. We've really enjoyed them and they handle much better than the kayaks we were renting. I would recommend this to my friends!

06-10-2014
Submitted by: Janel

New to kayaking and wanted a good beginner boat that would be comfortable but yet inexpensive. I researched and sat in many boats. The Maverick 100x is the Dick's Sporting Goods model of the Intrepid 100x. The seat is very comfortable for a boat costing less than $300 (paid $299 during their sale). I tried the Future Beach Fusion 124 but the seat was uncomfortable and there is no 'true' dry hatch.

The only issue I see with the Maverick is the small 4" dry hatch, but that is easily remedied with a couple dry bags clipped into the seat straps. I loved the Lime Green and white boat, but also comes in 3 other colors. I see that the Intrepid only comes in sky blue and white.

If you're looking into an entry level boat, check it out. It's not fast but is a great little boat to relax and take in Mother Nature. Spend more on a good fiberglass paddle though!

Rendezvous River Sports