Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Maverick 100x Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Maverick 100x Kayak by Pelican International

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Maverick 100x Kayak by Pelican International

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $429.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Pelican International Logo

07-02-2014
Submitted by: JEREMYSend Email

My wife and I bought one each and are new to kayaking. We've really enjoyed them and they handle much better than the kayaks we were renting. I would recommend this to my friends!

06-10-2014
Submitted by: Janel

New to kayaking and wanted a good beginner boat that would be comfortable but yet inexpensive. I researched and sat in many boats. The Maverick 100x is the Dick's Sporting Goods model of the Intrepid 100x. The seat is very comfortable for a boat costing less than $300 (paid $299 during their sale). I tried the Future Beach Fusion 124 but the seat was uncomfortable and there is no 'true' dry hatch.

The only issue I see with the Maverick is the small 4" dry hatch, but that is easily remedied with a couple dry bags clipped into the seat straps. I loved the Lime Green and white boat, but also comes in 3 other colors. I see that the Intrepid only comes in sky blue and white.

If you're looking into an entry level boat, check it out. It's not fast but is a great little boat to relax and take in Mother Nature. Spend more on a good fiberglass paddle though!

Rendezvous River Sports