Product Reviews > Canoes > Old Town Canoe > Katahdin 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Katahdin 12 Canoe by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

04-25-2012

I have really enjoyed my Stubby, as my friends call it. But, I can stand up and fish in my boat. They wouldn't try that is theirs. I bought mine used. It had a custom cover in camo as the former owner was a duck hunter. It comes in handy for viewing wildlife. I need to replace woven seats. Not sure where to get the materials. Just hardly ever use it any more. Stubby and I are both getting older.

03-29-2002

I got a good deal on my new KATAHDIN-12, it is alot stronger than the newer stillwater. It's a great fishing boat, easy to load in the back of my truck the fiberglass layup and kevlar skidplates is stiff & light it turns on a dime but it will not hold a glide at all, but it was not made for that. I solo alot from the bow seat this works well with 50# in the front, overall this is good strong canoe thats easy to use on small lakes and streams.

07-20-1999
Submitted by: Chris AuttersonSend Email

Is anything perfect? Probably not. However, the Katahdin 12 is a good solid canoe. Very good workmanship and compared to the two other short(under 16')canoes I've owned, it paddles nicely. I even take my wife and two small childred in it with no problems. Sure, a 16'-17' canoe may afford more room, but the width @ (41")makes it suprisingly roomy. It also has a big part in solo or 2 man fishing in which it performs nicly. It's not fast as some, but it works just fine for me. I'm happy with it!