Product Reviews > Accessories > Carlisle Day Tripper kayak paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Carlisle Day Tripper kayak paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

08-10-2014

This a a good entry level paddle. It is not too heavy or expensive for someone just getting started. It is well made and easy to break apart. The day tripper was my 1st paddle and I still keep it as an extra paddle. good paddle for the price but if you kayak a lot or long distances you will eventually want to upgrade to something lighter with a longer blade.

05-13-2014
Submitted by: DCSend Email

Day Tripper 220CM two piece. Decent paddle. Right side is oval for steering. Paddles easy and with ease. Good corrective power when needed. GREAT for novice or intermediate paddlers.

05-01-2009
Submitted by: NathanSend Email

I just purchased 2 Carlisle "Daytripper" paddles which I have used once. Overall, they seem to be good paddles for recreational use. They're relatively inexpensive at $50, they appear that they will last a long time, and they float which is great. One thing I noticed after I purchased the first one is that the right-hand grip area is slightly oval or "squished" looking. I was upset about it at first because I thought I damaged it accidentally. After speaking with a Kayak store however, it turns out they are intentionally made that way so that you can quickly determine which end is which after picking it up out of the water. The only con I can think of for this paddle is that one of mine is Has a VERY small amount of play in it at the joint. The other one does not.

09-09-2008

I bought the daytripper and find that it meets my needs for a good all around paddle that I am not afraid to beat up a little bit.