Product Reviews > Accessories > Accent Premium Core Fit Kayak paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Accent Premium Core Fit Kayak paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

05-09-2014
Submitted by: PhilSend Email

So this paddle retails for $275. I was lucky to pick it up for a little less than that (Around $235) from a friend with a kayak shop. I loved the paddle for the entire 10 months I had it before the shaft snapped in 2 one day.

This is a premium priced high angle paddle and while I really loved the shape of the blade and ease of paddling with it there is just no excuse for it breaking the way it did. I wasn't even stressing it very hard when it broke. I took it back to where I bought it and the guy had another that had been broken in the same place (right where the 2 parts connect) that was even newer than mine.

So while I really did love paddling with this model I must give it a bad review since a carbon fiber shaft should be practically unbreakable under normal paddling conditions. I was just paddling on some flat water when it went. If Accent can fix this problem, they will have a winning design as the shape and materials of the blades themselves are fantastic.