Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Aspire 100 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Aspire 100 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Aspire 100 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 27.50" - Starting at: $755.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Wilderness Systems Logo

07-23-2014

Three months ago I had never been in a kayak. One trip with some friends and I was hooked. Bought the WILDERNESS SYSTEMS Aspire100 two days later. I love this boat.

It is perfect for a first time kayaker of smaller frame. Extremely stable. I've never had a problem getting in and out with the 44" cockpit. Probably fall out of it the next time out, now that I mentioned that. The Phrase 3 seat is comfortable for almost any length trip. It adjusts 3 ways to add to your comfort, right from the seat.

I really like the Sidelock footbrace system, especially soon after I got the boat and was trying to find the optimal settings for me. One of the BEST features is the unique drywell hatch. Two latches and it's open, in or out of the kayak. The skeg is easy to deploy and allows the boat to track straight and true. Loading is easy at 44lbs. I use a Thule Loader bar.

I gave the boat a '9' only because now I want a 12' or 13' kayak. I'm sure I'll buy another kayak this winter (good wife willing), but I will keep the Aspire100 and continue to paddle it or perhaps use it as a loaner for a person new to kayaking. This kayak will give you all the enjoyment this sport offers, no matter the weather.

04-18-2014

I bought the Aspire 100 for when I want to get a quick hour or two on the water. It is very light at 44 pounds and not that awkward to carry due to the relatively short 10 foot length. Also, there is a built in retractable skeg and with it deployed the kayak tracked straight as an arrow. The manufacturer states this kayak is designed for smaller framed people. I spent 4 hours last weekend on the lake fishing, and the seating system was extremely comfortable. I gave this kayak a 9 out of 10.

Rendezvous River Sports