Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Focus 150 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Focus 150 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Rated: 4.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Focus 150 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Length: 15' 0" - Width: 23.00" - Starting at: $1425.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Wilderness Systems Logo

08-11-2014

I had high hopes for this boat, but unfortunately it didn't meet them at all.
After reading a lot about what a great kayak it was meant to be, and how well it tracked even without the rudder as well as speed and playfulness I was very excited, however this is not the case.

My review on the following:

- Tracking: Tracking in any kind of wind and current requires a LOT of effort an attention, current correction, edging are required to keep it going straight, unless you deploy the rudder, which of course will impact a lot of other things. So with this in mind, I was very disappointed at the boat. Kind of defeats the purpose for me.

- Maneuverability: I had no problem turning the kayak, playing around in it, sharp turns on edge are not hard to do at all. Pretty good in this respect

- Stability: Great secondary stability. Initial stability is not as great but expected with the design of the boat.

All in all, I would not recommend the boat. There are better boats in this price range and I'm not convinced the design is good at all, I'll be very surprised to see this kayak take off without some serious modifications.

03-25-2014
Submitted by: GrahamSend Email

I picked up my Focus last week from "London's Paddle Shop". I paid full price $1700.00 but I received what I believe is a factory second. The hull has multiple blemishes on the left side, six holes where the mold appears to have been repaired and deep sand scratches running down the side. The Focus decals were so poorly put on they have been touched up with paint. The tubes for the rudder have no sealant around them where they pass through the rear bulkhead. The cockpit flange was damaged by screws so the skirt won't seal. All these plus more issues. Buyer beware unless you can physically view the boat.

Rendezvous River Sports