Product Reviews > Accessories > CORE Kirri whitewater paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for CORE Kirri whitewater paddle

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

12-19-2014
Submitted by: Franklin NeathercoatSend Email

Well..... I have owned a set of cranked Kirris for about 6 months now and I am having mixed feelings about them. On the water and paddling they are sublime! The best paddles I have ever used, masses of power, the perfect amount of flex. They are the best playboating paddles I have ever used and have paddled grade 5 with them with complete confidence.

However there are a few major issues that become hard to ignore after a while. The first is how quickly the blades wear down. In 6 months paddling where I have been paddling around once a week with the exception of 2 weeks paddling abroad, the paddles had worn down so much they began looking like a set of 3 year old Werners, and after spending 400 on them, I was taking extra special care to avoid hitting them on anything.

The other major problem is the width of the grips, I am 6ft and normally paddle with 199 paddles, I was using a set of 194s and the grips still felt like they were slightly too wide. Other than that, I have paddled with Ophions, Werners, H20s, Robsons, and these simply blow everything out the water when it comes to playboating, however for river running I think I will stick to my AT2s.

03-11-2014
Submitted by: TdcSend Email

The guys at Core couldn't have been more helpful dealing with me direct in the UK. Having broken 2 top ends carbon paddles in the last 2 seasons having used my Core's now I couldn't be happier, they are light, strong and offer excellent feel, I have tested them play boating, in WW class 4+ and in the surf and they've not let me down yet.... Plus the grips are sweet if you're after some keepers buy some Kirri's!