Product Reviews > Canoes > Dagger > Reflection 17 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Reflection 17 Canoe by Dagger

11-26-2001

I got my dagger reflection 17 last spring and have had it out on many small lakes and the KAW. It has a very stiff hull for a royalex canoe. The canoe is very stable. I was able to tip the canoe on its side until water was coming in the boat and could still recover before dumping her! The canoe does seem to be sensitive to trim and can be a pain to handle in head on wind. I got mine in midnight blue but it actually looks more like eggplant. This was my first canoe so I don't have much to compare her to.

11-26-2001
Submitted by: JoshSend Email

Just took a four day trip down a Texas river with my wife and our three (yes three) dogs. With my wife, the dogs (all about 60 pounds), me and a healthy amount of gear we were totally comfortable. This is my first canoe and I don't have much to compare it to but it battled ferocious headwinds well and turned pretty easily. Tracking was good and with about 800 ponds in it I never felt woriied at all. The royalex seems to hold its shape well too.

05-28-2000
Submitted by: BobSend Email

Why did I get rid of this boat? In retrospect a temporary lapse of reason and replacemaent with another composite hull. This is a nice paddling cruiser that can accomodate a good load, is wind resistant and has decent speed. The boat has little if any flex for a royalex hull and the wood trim on the dagger boats is quite nice. Buy with a slider as trim is a bit sensitive on this one. This boat is a winner.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports