Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Cuda 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cuda 12 Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Rated: 9.63/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

Cuda 12 Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: 12' 6" - Width: 31.00" - Starting at: $1299.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

09-09-2014
Submitted by: Dan DarlandSend Email

I've had my Cuda for a year now I chose it for being fishing friendly and the huge storage space for over night camping. Floats great loaded down with gear. My first trip out I was standing up casting around a log and snagged a nice smallmouth just to show standing and fishing is possible and pretty easy actually.

The seat is phenomenal. The rod tip protector is awesome I take at least two rods set up with different rigs so easy on my Cuda. There's only one thing I could say bad about it is it's a bit heavy at 80lbs but it has to be for all the boat you get. For social floatin I'd get something lighter, but for me fishing and camping on the Cuda I can be out there for a long time with all my necessary gear.

Oh yea there's a strap for stand assist it works great for towing over a log or sand bar or as a leash when wade fishing. I'm always getting compliments on it. Biggest question I can answer is durability as I've only had it a year... time will tell us the answer to that one... seems pretty tough.

One more complaint: I had to order from the shop and waited a month cause the only color the shop had was this nasty lime green. I'm more a camo man...

09-08-2014

Being a proud owner of several different Native Watercraft Kayaks, I was surprised by how much I liked the Jackson Cuda 12. It is a stable boat with excellent tracking and speed. I love the center hatch that they added to the center console cover, it makes it much easier to access items in the hatch on the water. The seat is as comfortable as the Native Kayaks and also has the high low seating, so that you can sit lower for greater stability or higher for fishing. All the fishing accessories are included, so no need to purchase rod holders or mounts. This Yak comes ready to fish. I am definitely going to add one of these to my stable.

08-17-2014

A stable, nicely apportioned fishing kayak that is perfect for river or lake fishing. Tracks well even in a stiff breeze, ample storage for gear and supplies. Stock bazooka rod holders are great for adapting homemade stabilizers. Well made product.

07-02-2014

I had the pleasure to go on a docent led nature tour at Lodi Lake with Headwater in early June 2014. This was my second time kayaking, and it was very easy. The padded seat more comfortable than expected and I did not think we were in the water for two hours, time went by so quickly. Very stable when a motor boat went zipping by. I am itching to go back out, again!

02-28-2014

I purchased my Cuda 12 about a year ago and have been really pleased. This is my first Kayak and at 4 months shy of 70 years of age have no problem standing to fish as it is very stable. I did cut a hole in the center and add a 30 lb thrust trolling motor and recessed a battery box beneath the seat, all which adds to the stability.

I can load the Cuda on top of my Suburban without help, but because of the size and weight you have to get your technique down if you are a senior like myself. The Cuda 12 is well worth the money.

02-24-2014

To start out with I'm 6'4 235 and this Cuda 12 fits and carries me well. Before purchasing this boat I demo'd it along with the Native Slayer 12. Both seats were equally comfortable to me, also they were about the same in the stability department. But after that the Cuda 12 stood out in all other areas.

This boat tracks very well, glides nicely and has good speed. It turns and maneuvers good with my 240 cm (Bending Branches Angler Classic) paddle in which I highly recommend. It is very stable in the low seat position and moving it up to the high seat is less stable but could be got used to in little time. I stood up without the assist strap with seat in the low position the first time I tried and I'm no tight rope walker. I can see how standing and fishing would be easy once you got used to doing it.

I love the design of the boat. Tons of storage for rods and gear under the deck and in the dry, with multiple entry points. The tankwell is good sized and can fit a decent sized cooler with plenty of built on bungees to strap stuff down. There are molded out places to hold your rods and a rod tip protector area on the stern. There are places on each side of the seat made just right for the clear plano tackle boxes. The SEAT I will say is amazing and built well for years of use.

Comes with lots of accessories included on the 2014 model: ram rod holder for up front and 2 Ram rocket launcher rod holders for the rear, water bottle, air up lumbar support for the seat (very nice), red flag for use in larger waters where you can be more visible, mesh storage bag that mounts on rear of seat and a GoPro base mount.

I have owned and paddles several kayaks over the years and I have to say this is by far my favorite to date. Great for fishing, camping, lazy floats, you name it. Jackson is a great company that makes a fine product with strict attention to detail. I highly recommend the Jackson Cuda 12!

07-26-2013

Being new to SOT fishing kayaks, I was led to the Cuda 12 due to its compromises between the maneuverability demands of river fishing and the paddling considerations of lake fishing. I think I accomplished my objectives in that regard.

As to the details of the boat itself, I would have preferred to have skipped some of the Jackson choices of outfitting. Case in point would be the rocket launcher rod holders and the GoPro camera base, as well as a couple of the other features. For that reason I giving the boat an 8 score as opposed to a higher one otherwise.

07-25-2013
Submitted by: Michael Send Email

The Cuda 12 is a great fishing kayak. It tracks extremely well which makes it great for most bodies of water. The hi low seat is very comfortable for all day trips on the water.The seat is made of a breathable material that helps keep you cool. The stability of the Kayak makes it great for standing and sight fishing. I also really like the added GoPro mounts and the Ram rocket launcher that are included with the kayak. Overall this is a great kayak and I look to many successful fishing trips.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports