Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Kilroy Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kilroy Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Kilroy Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: 12' 4" - Width: 31.00" - Starting at: $1249.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

07-03-2014

I just got to demo a Jackson Kilroy a couple weeks ago. It was very comfortable with adjustable seat that has a high back. It was very stable, tracked real well and was very nice to fish out of. with all the options they offer it is very good kayak.

04-14-2014
Submitted by: Roger VSend Email

I've owned my Kilroy for about 1 month now. I wanted a lower sitting kayak for fishing moving water. This kayak is made for fishing! Rod storage, tackle storage,comfy seat! I love the inside rod storage. It's a little tricky to use while sitting in the kayak, but manageable. It paddles great too, nice glide. There's lots of great fishing kayaks out there now. The deciding factors for me:
  1. Kilroy comes with lots of accessories.(Hard cover, soft cover, rod holders, tow flag, etc.)
  2. Great customer service! (you can actually call JK direct. I hope they never change this.
  3. Great colors to choose from.
My only complaint so far is, you cannot easily change the foot rests. I can live with this for now, I'll solve the problem myself later.

If you're looking for a kayak, Jackson is hard to beat.

04-08-2014
Submitted by: Peter HSend Email

My Kilroy fishes like a dream. It's sleek and fast, super stable even standing and casting. It has loads of storage and options for any accessory you could imagine.

This winter I used it as a floating duck hunting blind also. Same great qualities but the desert camo color really blends in well and the sit inside design lowers my profile over the water allowing me to blend into the edge of trees and brush. The ducks never saw me and were not expecting me in some never hunted spots. By giving me access to hunting spots virtually anywhere in the whole lake I could always be where the ducks were.

The Jackson Kayak Kilroy is a 4 season fishing, hunting dream boat!

01-23-2014

I am 60 and have been a fisherman all my life but just recently got into kayak fishing. This is my first kayak so I'm a novice and really don't have any experience to compare to, but I researched the Kilroy and tried one out before buying at Ozark Mountain Trading Company near Springfield Missouri.

The Kilroy is really set up for fishing. I love the rod storage and the areas for tackle boxes. The seat is so comfortable I can fish all day. In the first models I believe Jackson had problems with the dry storage leaking, but it appears they have fixed the problem, because I have had no problems with mine.

I like the removable deck, which has areas for tackle tray storage and the fly patch. If I need to lay my rod down to paddle I lay the rod on the fly patch and it holds there very well. I like the floor in the Kilroy because it makes it easy to stand and fish.

The kayak is very stable and seams to be fairly fast through the water. The first time I used it I wasn't sure I could paddle up stream, but to my surprise I paddled upstream for about 2 miles. I am really pleased with this kayak.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!