Product Reviews > Kayaks > Klepper Folding Kayaks > Aerius Quattro 585 XXL Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Aerius Quattro 585 XXL Kayak by Klepper Folding Kayaks

09-18-2014
Submitted by: jimSend Email

Klepper folding kayaks are overrated. Use them on German lakes but not in the ocean. Dr Lindermann crossed the Atlantic in one but also crossed the same ocean in a dug out canoe. He was a great sailor. The 585XXL is fragile and clumsy. After one use in the ocean around Australia the skin has shrunk, the varnish has cracked and now the skin does not fit the frame. I have heard that the military buy them but I question whether the Military uses them. Maybe Long Haul are a better bet. Klepper in Germany will not even honor the warranty. Now that their kayaks are made in Poland by another company I guess they have given up the ghost. Its a shame.

12-24-2013
Submitted by: D DEBSend Email

I purchased a Klepper Kayak in the belief that I was getting something special. I paid $10000 Aust$. The kayak is not as robust as Klepper make out and is basically much more trouble than a hard shell kayak. The worst thing is that the skin has shrunk by 15cm after drying it without the frame in it. Klepper are very unhelpful in regards to this warranty claim so I may have to bin the whole thing.