Product Reviews > Accessories > T and J Paddles Aleutian paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for T and J Paddles Aleutian paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

10-23-2013

Many paddlers have heard of Aleutian paddles but are not familiar with them. My pursuit of the Aleutian is a result of sore shoulders that have some extra miles on them. The Aleutian paddle could be classified as a skinny stick paddle, but that is where it ends. Using an Aleut is almost identical to the euro blade whereas the GP requires techniques very different from the euro blade.

I find the Aleut to have a much smoother stroke with very efficient propulsion results. I had my custom Aleut made by Tom at T and J Paddles in Ontario. Pricing was very reasonable and delivery time was shorter than most. That, I assume depends on the seasonal demands. My paddle was made to a 90" length request with a 3.5" blade.

The wood used is a beautiful western red cedar which is light weight and strong. The craftsmanship put into this paddle by Tom is equal to some very high priced paddles. This is a very comfortable, efficient, easy to use paddle that is also a work of art. My recent trip on the Silver River was filled with "What kind of paddle is that?", "It's Beautiful" and "Where did you get it".