Product Reviews > Canoes > Bell Composites > Magic Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Magic Canoe by Bell Composites

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

09-30-2013

I purchased a used Magic, and left the next day on a trip in the BWCA. I did the trip with about 275-280 lbs between paddler and gear. My trip included no large lakes, so despite dealing with winds in excess of 20 mph, I didn't have to deal with any large waves. The boat tracks excellently which allowed for good speed and an ability to move upwind without constant correction. I also like that you can paddle with a slight correction stroke while maintaining decent speed.

One of the bigger surprises for me was the maneuverability of the canoe. A slight lean allows a quick turn not enough for whitewater (not enough freeboard anyway), but much better than a Wenonah Voyager or GRB Classic XL.

Overall, a great, solo flatwater touring canoe.