Product Reviews > Accessories > KEEN Churn water shoes Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for KEEN Churn water shoes

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

07-05-2014
Submitted by: JessecaSend Email

As an oc-1 paddler I have used these shoes before (kneeling on a saddle) in a Probe 12 (Mohawk canoe).

Overall, they are a solid pair of shoes. They have great traction, and make waking through the river, or climbing on slippery rocks a breeze. (I especially like the toe-cover as a small protection against submerged undercut rocks in the stream bed.)

However, to swim in, these shoes are a hassle. For an open-boater, that has occasionally flipped and had to swim (either through whitewater, or on still water) I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE SHOES FOR PADDLING. The water rushes through the shoe and gets between the footbed, and the foot- this creates drag and makes it difficult to swim against the current, or to swim at all.

All in all, these are amazing hiking shoes with fantastic arch-support, but they are not good shoes to paddle in.

08-09-2013

I finally found a water shoe that was more like a shoe than a sandal. In design they are more like a very light weight running shoe than a sandal. They fit very true to size when in the store and dry. When wet though my foot tended to slide forward and the shoe felt 'short'. I am not sure if the lacing system just does not hold them tight enough or what. I like the shoes a lot - but I suggest trying on one size larger to make sure they fit well wet.