Product Reviews > Accessories > Seals Standard Cockpit Cover Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seals Standard Cockpit Cover

Research Storage - Kayak/Canoe/Paddle in the Buyers' Guide!

08-07-2013

I bought the Seals cockpit cover for several reasons . First of all it made my kayak aerodynamic while driving and second I was going to store my boat outside and hoped it would keep the critters (spiders, etc.) out of the cockpit. So far I have only used it for transporting my boat. It fits well and I like that it has a strap that wraps around the boat to add to it's staying on. So far it fits snug and the strap is icing on the cake.
It seems well made and worth the price.

08-07-2013

Originally I purchased the Seals Deluxe Cockpit Covers for 2 of my kayaks. I do like these, but the first time I traveled with them one of the loops that holds the strap to go around the boat broke. I found that I did not like driving with the covers on the boats.

So I ordered the regular Seals Standard Cockpit Covers for the rest of my kayaks. Each kayak has a different size cockpit. The size recommended from the Seals sight was an exact fit for each boat.

Mostly now I use these to keep out any type of critter or insect like spiders out of my boat when not in use. I had a friend nearly jump out of his boat when he found ants crawling all over him because he does not have a cockpit cover on his boat in his garage.

So just for the thought of keeping out ants, spiders, wasps... I like the Seals Standard Cockpit Covers!