Product Reviews > Kayaks > Bass Pro > Ascend D10 sit in Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ascend D10 sit in Kayak by Bass Pro

Rated: 8.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

04-22-2015

The Bass Pro Ascend D10 is quite an incredible kayak at a very affordable price. My girlfriend and I kayak quite a bit and she just had to get a purple colored Kayak. The only one I could find in her price range was the D10. This kayak has proven to be a performer. It has quite a comfortable "Lawn Chair" style seat and she has yet to get fatigued in it even after long paddles. The yak is pretty light and easily transportable from vehicle to shoreline. In the water, this kayak tracks very well and is quite fast.

The secret luxury to this kayak, at least for us, was the first time we took it kayak camping. Because the cockpit is generously opened up both in front and behind the seat, the amount of gear you can put in this is amazing. No dry storage so dry bags are a must, but my girlfriend had no problems putting all of her gear, and other camperís gear on her yak without feeling cramped. The only downside that I can see for some yakers would be the inability for this yak to be fitted with a spray skirt. But, we have had it on the water in when it has been in the 40s, and all she does is wear rain gear. She is a little more observant on how she works her paddle to minimize drippage inside the yak, but kayaking is a wet sport. She nor I have had any issues with colder weather paddling with the lack of a spray skirt. That being said, we are not taking it on the ocean either, LOL.

This kayak is a great entry/ intermediate level kayak for the price and I have used several models to include dagger, Old Town, and others. I actually own an Old Town Vapor, and I think the D10 performs a little better with tracking, speed, storage, and stability.

07-03-2014

Me and my wife own two sit in d10s, we use them very often during summer months. The d10, is light weight and durable, we calm water float in deep to shallow water, they offer exceptional move ability and can carry enough gear to be able to spend the night on a river bank. I would recommend this kayak to anyone calm water floating.

04-23-2014
Submitted by: JBSend Email

Overall, the Ascend D10 is a great beginner/intermediate kayak. I've never been in a Pungo, Dagger, or Prodigy or any of the higher end popular models, so I can't compare it to those, but the Ascend is a great kayak for $400. Tracks very well, is relatively fast, is stable, and light enough to easily hoist in/out of the bed of a truck. I've been on lakes with it and it tends to turn to the right a bit if you stop paddling, but it doesn't stop like an anchor as I've seen in plenty of other similar models. I generally use it on slow to moderate flowing streams in Michigan. Usually a lot of bends on the rivers I paddle, and a lot of timber in the water that creates challenges. This kayak turns on a dime and can move quickly on long straight reaches.

Seat is well made and comfortable. It feels like you sit low in the water, but I'm still amazed when it glides over shallow waters that I expected to bottom out on. I'm 5'11 and 185 lbs - I've been over water that is less than 1 feet deep plenty of times without issue.

I researched most top models before purchasing this kayak. For the money, it's excellent. If you have $700 to spend, definitely try out one of the higher-end models mentioned above, but also give this one a trial run. It's great for not only slow moving rivers, but lakes as well.
Highly recommended.

08-07-2013

This is a decent yak with lots of room. I am impressed with the handling in the water, though a tad on the heavier side compared to our other Kayaks.

©2015 Paddling.net Inc.