Product Reviews > Canoes > Esquif > Nitro Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Nitro Canoe by Esquif

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-05-2014
Submitted by: JessecaSend Email

This is a fantastic oc-1 boat. It holds up to wear and tear well.

What I love most about this oc-1 boat is how easy transport is. It can be put on a rack like other boats, or even fit in most cars. Taking it to the put-in is also easy enough, as it can be carried by a solo boater.

Additionally, this is one of the few traditional-styled canoes that I've seen fellow paddlers roll. While I personally am still working on rolling the Nitro, it certainly can be done.

08-07-2013

I love the boat, it's stable in rough water even if the paddler isn't. It's fine for any whitewater I've ever been in, but is seems best for a beginning through intermediate whitewater paddler because the stability is a slight trade-off to agility. That said, it's a fun ride.
I do have the electric bilge pump setup, which makes my friends laugh at me (until I don't have to bail).

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!