Product Reviews > Accessories > Seals Sneak nylon sprayskirt Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seals Sneak nylon sprayskirt

Research Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in the Buyers' Guide!
Sprayskirts and Spray Decks
View Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in Buyers' Guide

08-05-2013

I've had a Sneak skirt for 3 or 4 years. I have used it maybe 8 times, with my Tempest. Until learning to roll this past year (with neoprene skirts), I had not been much of a skirt user. Today, it was hot, and I decided to wear the Sneak, and give it a try with a roll. I put it on as I always had, with bungee as tied off at the factory. The skirt imploded immediately. I wound up taking about 9 inches out of the bungee (4 1/2 per side, on the knot). That allowed the skirt to hang on, on subsequent rolls.

It was not any harder to get the skirt on; the main difficulty in putting on a nylon skirt is always having to walk the bunched up nylon around the bungee and coaming. Maybe Seals expects users to tighten up the bungees. I should have been more rigorous with the fit, in any case. Of course, some water did pass the skirt, but, it's ok for minimal or unexpected rolling.

I like the main features of the Sneak: elastic suspenders, Velcro waist adjustment, outer zip pockets, and, most of all, the zipper that allows access to items under the skirt. The under-skirt-access zipper also allows the skirt to be donned easily -- hanging loose on the shoulders, by the suspenders -- then snapped, then zipped. The Velcro waist adjusters can be set once, then forgotten.

I was surprised today, to notice that, after such infrequent use, the backside coating on the nylon is crumbling away in several places. On one hand, I don't really expect a nylon skirt to be waterproof, anyway. But, would hope the coating would be more robust.