Product Reviews > Canoes > Old Town Canoe > Guide 119 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Guide 119 Canoe by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 9.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-20-2014

Got this boat for Father's Day. I have had the opportunity to take it out several times. Love it because it fits in my pickup well. I lowered the seat about an inch in the back and it feels much better. I have seen many reviews saying that it works best with a double bladed paddle, I disagree. A good straight shaft paddle and a decent J stroke moves me along just fine.

07-05-2014
Submitted by: Rob GSend Email

This a great zero-maintenance solo canoe. Perfect for fishing, exploring, bird watching and even camp cruising. At around 45 pounds, I can load it into the bed of my small pickup with ease. This makes it perfect for quick trips after work with no excuses. The seat is comfortable and seat bracket has holes for clipping dry boxes/bags to for easy access on the water. It is very stable and tracks well (I'm around 240 pound). Great value and the camo color I have looks good too.

07-03-2014
Submitted by: Jack StromSend Email

I bought the 119 so that my wife and I could do overnight trips and be in our own boats. I have traveled several Ozark creeks and rivers with out a bit of trouble. With a full load of gear or just me and my paddle and fishing pole, the 119 has not let me down.

08-07-2013
Submitted by: RichardSend Email

I bought this canoe at Dick's and it has been the best solo canoe I have had. Easy to paddle and it tracks well. My only complaint was the seat. I removed the factory seat and replaced it and lowered it. It's very comfortable and I can stay out all day and be comfortable.

07-27-2013
Submitted by: Dan FrederickSend Email

I'm 71 years young and wanted a canoe that I could handle easily. The Guide 119 is near perfect for my need. It weights about 40 lbs and easily mounted and dismounted from my vehicle top. It's stable and has plenty room for solo canoeing. I would strongly recommend this canoe.